Wednesday, January 12, 2011

After the Kill

After the Kill is the third installment of my sci-fi fantasy pin-up series. This one depicts an Asian warrior sitting while holding her umbrella after a kill. (also featured is a detail shot)

I wanted to capture that very powerful feel of the character after a fierce battle while at the same time still being sexy.

I decided to only slightly hint at the idea of a battle so the hints I gave where the blood covered sword tip at the end of her umbrella and the silhouette of the defeated dragon in the background.

I am really happy with the way this one turned out. I am especially proud of the colors and the facial expression of the character.

I really hope everyone likes this and at some point expect more of the pin-up series to come.

2 comments:

wren said...

This is a wonderful and magical painting - I love fantasy art where the sorcery lies just beneath the surface, under the most subtle expression on the face. The background is delicious and the lighting is superb.

I'm a huge fan.

Unknown said...

WOW thank you so much. I am extremely flattered and honored by your comment.

I defiantly spent a lot of time reworking the expression and I am so glad that it seems to have come through.

Again thank you.