Monday, October 12, 2009

HOIST THE COLORS!!!

I worked out some colors for my space pirate in Corel painter. I ended up testing out both warm and cool palettes. While I do love some areas in the cool palette, especially the purple nebulae and the turquoise glow at the bottom of the planet, I ended up choosing the warm study. The warm one gives a nice contrast against her green skin and there are areas where I find it easier to move colors around, more so than the cool palette.

I have already started the finish and it should be done by this week.

I hope everyone is enjoying the process of this piece. I really enjoyed the feedback that I have been receiving. I got a lot of great comments via Facebook.

Also I have been meaning to scan in my sketches for my other piece, but fear not it's moving along I am currently working on the final drawing.

Galactic Temptress: Finish
Steam Punk Apocalypse: Reference Stage
Serpent Mistress: Final Drawing
Cyborg Ferocity: Reference Stage
An Elegant Universe: Reference Stage
Angelic Beauty: Reference Stage
Punkish Self-indulgence: Reference Stage

1 comment:

Jack Koetje said...

Why thank you sir!! I plan on cranking as much as I can. I have some more stuff I am going to do for friends and art trades and what not, but I want to do more landscapes. I miss you!!