Thursday, October 2, 2008

Irreidia Sketch

This is a sketch of one of the characters from my mythology. She is Irreidia the goddess of destruction and sister to the character in the last sketch, Korvek. She is the main character that will be in the first comic I will work on. This drawing was originally done for a test comic page. However, the page did not turn out as well as I would like. I did really like this sketch of her though thus I posted.

What really made this drawing work was the reference. The model was excellent at posing, she had a great shift to her hip that added a nice curve to the figure. Also to replicate her outfit I had the model clip a t-shirt around her waist, and to my great benefit the wind picked up. I was able to get a shot of the "skirt" actually billowing up. It was the coolest accident that ever happened during a photo shoot. Which added a great deal of movement to the drawing.

That's all for now I have a new illustration that will be up soon.

No comments: