Monday, October 27, 2008

Butterscotch Nose Abrasers

Got the drawing done for my Slayers project. The first image is a drawing of the character and the second is her with the magic waves and what not laid out.

If you have ever heard of the anime called Slayers you'll recognize that this is a drawing of the main character Lina Inverse. What you may not know is before it was an anime or a manga it was a novel series written by Hajime Kanzaka.

Slayers is without question my favorite anime, as well as book series. The story is what I think a great fantasy story should embody. Magic all makes sense, lots of comedy, and a touch of seriousness and epicness.

This illustration is done for the book cover to the first novel Slayers: Ruby eye. The image shows her casting the big epic spell the Giga Slave. I won't say anymore, for all of you who have not watched or read Slayers you need to do it NOW! I mean it.

This was really fun to draw I loved taking imagery that is normally done in a simplified anime style and convey it in my own. It's going to be awhile before I finish, I have some pretty ambitious ideas for color and rendering, but it will get done..... eventually.

I know I said I would post the traditional painting I was working on next I just need to get it scanned, but it is finished. If your wondering what I'm waiting for it's........................ THE DRAMA!

No comments: