Monday, September 28, 2009

YARRRR Me Mateys

My galactic temptress piece has changed quite a bit. I nixed the iron work-like windows and just went with a larger planet behind a moon, while she just rests on a free floating plate. I also turned the steps to give more movement to the piece.

Also, instead of just being an alien she has become a space pirate. So I added some appropriate accessories like pirate boots, and eye patch, and a Jolly Roger tattoo.

The image at the top is the finished drawing and the one at the bottom is a rough value study I did. I also have some color sketches but since the composition changed so much I basically had to scrap them and start over. However, they did help give me some ideas of where I want my palette to go. I should have the color sketch uploaded soon.

I have also been working on my serpent mistress piece and will scan in some sketches of it soon.

That is all for now.

Galactic Temptress: Color Rough/ Finish
Steam Punk Apocalypse: Reference Stage
Serpent Mistress: Sketch Stage
Cyborg Ferocity: Reference Stage
An Elegant Universe: Reference Stage
Angelic Beauty: Reference Stage
Punkish Self-indulgence: Reference Stage

No comments: