Thursday, April 9, 2009

More Comic Wars in Progress

Well i said I wanted to post more in progress work so here it is. I have the final drawing to the piece as well as a color rough.

After I finished the drawing I scanned it in and started my color rough in Painter. Basically in this stage I just work out all my value and color issues. The lovely thing about working digitally is that i end up just taking the rough and using it as an under painting. So I will go in with more layers and flesh it out for the finish. Saves time when you can seamlessly move from rough to finish.

I really like the color I'm using for this illustration. I wanted to go with a simple orange and blue complimentary color scheme. I usually tend to cooler colors so having such a warm environment feels quite refreshing to me.

And now progress updates:

Comic book heroes (mag cover): Final Painting
Goth Vampire: Color Rough
Squid vs Shark: On the Back Burner
Mythology Character Designs: On the Back Burner


As you can tell I have finished the tight drawing for the goth vampire piece I plan on scanning that in tomorrow so keep a look out for that in the next few days.

Sorry i have no silly rant or random commentary (that is if anyone actually finds that amusing) but i am tired so i shall just bid you all a fond farewell.

................ fish sticks....... sorry I couldn't resist.

No comments: