Monday, May 12, 2008

Outlandish and Fantastic

illustration was created by
JIM CHEUNG

This post is a bit late in relation to its subject matter but unfortunately I've been busy this past week or so. I had just seen Iron Man for the second time and I must say it is still the best damn super hero movie I've seen. It was perfect. The story's build up and continuity was superb. The special effects and designs were amazing. The cast exemplified the characters faultlessly. It was so good that at this point I hold it in a higher regard than the first Spider-man. Although, that may be due to the bad attitude of Toby Maguire and the atrocity that was Spider-man 3. It also helps that I am a big fan of the direction that Marvel is taking with its movies. They are casting actors who care more about the role and less about their ego and also having them sign contracts for multiple movies ahead of time.

Edward Norton is casted as Bruce Banner for the Hulk movie
coming out next month, and when he was signed on for it he actually helped them rewrite the script. This way they were able to sever all ties to the Hulk movie by Ang Lee, which was a very good idea. And hell Iron Man is scheduled to make a cameo in the Hulk movie. I just love how Marvel is now treating its movies like its comics by having crossovers with consistent cast members.

I know this post seems like a tangent from my personal art related posts, but hey I figure I'm in the entertainment business and will start working on comics of my own soon. Thus the adaptations of comics today seems quite relevant to me and my work.

No comments: